The Hola Amigos Kinder programs offer a fun, effective way to introduce the Spanish language to preschool aged children within their normal learning environments.
They have been structured around the Victorian Early Childhood Frameworks and meet key learning objectives.
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Children respond to diversity with respect.
- Explore the diversity of culture, heritage, background and tradition and that diversity presents opportunities of choices and new understandings
- Become aware of connections, similarities and differences between people
- Practice inclusive ways of achieving coexistence
Outcome 4: Children are confidant and involved learners
Children develop disposition for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity.
- Are curious and enthusiastic participants in their learning
- Use play to investigate, imagine and explore ideas
- Preserve and experience the satisfaction of achievement
- Persist even when they find a task difficult
The Hola Amigos incursion program for 3-4 and 4-5 year olds aims to trigger curiosity and interest into Second Language learning and Cultural diversity.
The incursion runs for 30 minutes (3 – 4 year olds) or 45 minutes (4-5 year olds) and introduces basic Spanish language vocabulary including greetings, colours and numbers. It follows a set schedule of fun, play-based activities including song, dance, music, games and craft activities. The longer class also includes story time.
For further details or to book a session for your Early Learning Centre, please contact Pilar on 0435 358 802 or via email.
Conducting a regular Spanish language class in your Early Childhood Centre offers fabulous benefits for young children. These benefits include:
- Exposure to a Second Language and instilling a love for learning languages
- Laying strong foundations for language in both their native language and the new one
- Opportunities to express themselves and try something different
- Confidence building
- Learning through play and movement
Initially children will be introduced to four colours, numbers from 1-5, four shapes and five fruits. These themes will be learnt through songs and activities such as dance, games, crafts, puppets and books. More colours and numbers will be introduced as the children become more familiar with the language.
Contact Pilar on 0435 358 802 or via email to find out how Hola Amigos can customise a program for your Centre.